Like many people my first introduction to the concept of manifesting was via the book The Secret. I remember being so excited and in awe with the discovery that life could be like magic where I could be my own fairy godmother, wave a wand and then, BAM, instantly I would get anything I wanted.
Imagine my surprise and frustration when I started to manifest using a few different processes and none of them seem to work for me? After seeing little to no results I decided the whole “manifesting” concept was a bit of a fairy tale. It didn’t work. Then after a few years of regular meditation and healing sessions I realised where I had been going wrong. I had been trying to manifest all these things that I THOUGHT I wanted, rather than what my heart and soul truly yearned for. I hadn’t been in tune with the true essence of what I really wanted, and needed.
We are bombarded on a daily basis with thousands of images, words and symbols from businesses encouraging us to by their “stuff”. As children we are often raised to believe that our life should somehow fulfill the expectations of others and that we should find happiness the way they have found theirs. As a society many of us feel spiritually empty, lack self love and are disconnected from our true self. To fill that void we are constantly seeking and consuming more “stuff” in order to distract ourselves from that emptiness.
I had been so busy just focused on manifesting the “stuff” that I thought wanted – houses, cars, money, fame, etc. that I had missed the essence of what I truly desired from life.
In order to be able to manifest your mind, heart, emotions and soul all need to be in alignment. You need to be in tune with the “essence” of what you desire and then allow the universe to co-create with you.
You must really, really want what you are trying to manifest. Don’t bother attempting to manifest things that you think you “should”, because your family or friends tell you should or because it fits a social standard of what a person should achieve. It won’t work.
You goals and dreams need to be unique to you. You want to be able to look at your manifestation lists or vision board and see yourself; your deepest dreams and desires. Everyone can put down the order for a mansion, sporty car, gorgeous partner, babies and amazing travel destinations; the standard “mc-lifestyle” dream. However if you had all that would you really be happy and fulfilled? What is that you truly desire? What stirs your soul? What excites you? What part of the world calls to your heart? What type of house would really be a HOME to you? What type of partner could you share your life with? If you had millions of dollars what would you do with it? What do you want to learn about, what fascinates you? What experiences do you want to have? What unique gifts do you have to share with the world? What legacy do you want to leave behind?
One of the common things I find when I teach my soul vision board workshops is that often people don’t know what they TRULY want, or even allow themselves to ask for what they truly want. One of my students burst into tears when it came to putting things down on her board. She had never really truly allowed herself to connect within and ask herself what SHE wanted. She had always put everyone else around her first. In fact, she wasn’t even sure what it was that she wanted out of life. Since then she has become more in touch with what she wants, her true essence is blossoming and she has begun to see some wonderful things manifest.
So what are some tips on discovering the essence of what YOU truly want out of life?
- MEDITATE. Regularly. If you spend enough quality time in stillness with yourself there will be no hiding your truth and dreams. The voices within may start as a quiet whisper, a gentle reminder of “hey remember when you used to do this” or “I really love that part of my week, I wish I could do that all the time”, and then they will become louder and louder providing a lot more clarity.
- Start a JOURNAL. Similar to meditation, if you spend time each day writing in a journal your truth and dreams will begin to appear on the pages. There is only so many times that you can write “I hate my job” before you will be motivated to make some changes.
- Be spontaneous and TRY NEW THINGS. You may not know what you really want out of life yet because you haven’t discovered it yet. You can learn new things about yourself and your world by getting out of your comfort zone and typical routine. Book into a weekend workshop, take an evening class, try a new bar, strike up a conversation with a stranger who seems interesting or book a trip overseas in a country you have never visited before.
- PLAY and get in touch with your INNER CHILD. What were the things you used to love as a child? Do you still do those things now as an adult? A lot can be discovered from the things we used to love back then, because funnily enough the essence of what we want out of life doesn’t really change that much from when we were a kid.
- Begin working with a healer or therapist that can help you to peel back the layers of yourself and discover the gold within. One of the most empowering and rewarding things I have done has been to get regular healing sessions. Reiki, Experiential Focusing and Theta Healing were particularly powerful for me, but there are many different amazing modalities and healers out there who are gifted in helping support and transform people’s lives. Why not give it a go? It is one of my passions to support people in discovering what they really desire in life, so if you feel drawn, why not have a 1:1 session with me?
Once you have discovered what you TRULY want, manifestation becomes easy. You watch, when you are in alignment with your truth & soul purpose the universe does everything it can to bring your dreams to you, and quickly!!!