Reiki works to balance and harmonize the four bodies: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual/soul. While the healing is facilitated by the practitioner in an in-person or distant setting over 45 mins – 60 mins the actual effects will continue to flow and stay with the client for a lot longer.
No two sessions are ever the same, as the healing energy will work with the individual in exactly the way they need in that moment. Reiki is intelligent in nature and will always support the client to let go of whatever no longer serves them and align them back into their heart’s truth & knowing. How this occurs will always be different so its best to let go of any expectations and have an open curiosity about what may, or may not occur and experience it first hand.
Often much of what occurs and shifts during the session is outside of the mind’s conscious awareness and therefore it’s not until you leave and go back to your day to day life that you notice the shifts. Sometimes the flow on effect is subtle and other times the changes will be profoundly obvious. Its important to note that no session is more powerful than another, regardless of the outcome. It is just sometimes the mind is more aware of what has changed compared to other times!!
What can I expect straight after a session?
After any energetic healing you will go through a period of integration and adjustment as you process the shifts and changes that have been activated within you. It is not uncommon to experience physical, emotional or mental changes.
It is normal to experience one, all (or none!) of the below:
- Recognition of a change in energetic state. You may feel calmer, more relaxed, free, light, at ease, relief, expansive, more present, more embodied, grounded within body and life.
- Senses can be heightened you may feel, see, hear and taste things with more vibrancy & intensity.
- Your energy levels may fluctuate in an extreme way, exhaustion or feeling “high”. You may feel called to rest more or spend more time outside in nature.
- You may feel more emotional as you clear out old repressed emotion. Sadness, grief, anger can surface and/or burst of bliss & joy. You may be extra teary or be giggly & laugh a lot.
- Take note of your dreams. Your subconscious mind will go through an adjustment and your dreams hold the key for that expansion.
- You may experience physical releasing symptoms such as a need to go to the toilet more frequently with increased urine or bowel movements. You might feel experience some pain, headache or cold-like symptoms. These physical detox symptoms usually pass quickly.
- You may notice itchiness or tingles through the body or have waves of hot or cold energy flow through you.
Usually any of these symptoms last between 1 – 2 days and will ease. Obviously if you are concerned with anything you notice after a session get in contact with your practitioner.
Reiki will always bring CLARITY and TRUTH.
To get the most out of your session be very present within yourself and pay attention to the subtle shifts that will occur after. If you get waves of inspiration and creativity, follow that. Your inner compass will be heightened and helping you to make the changes you need to come into balance and alignment. If you get the urge to do things different, have conversations you feel called to or change things up – go for it!!
What should I do to integrate the healing?
- Drink plenty of water on the day and days following your session. Nourish yourself with foods that feel good to you.
- Give yourself some time and space to reflect on what you experienced. Don’t be in such a rush to get back to the usual structure of your day to day life and allow the session to integrate.
- You might like to go for a gentle walk outside in nature, meditate, have a soothing bath or shower and/or do some journal writing to reflect on what you experienced.
- Often during or after a healing you will receive insights and clarity as to what you can focus on moving forward. The healer may have offered you some insights or suggestions of specific things you can change, add or remove from your life to support you. If this is the case really commit to exploring and honouring what suggestions feel good for you.
Receiving a reiki is such a gift and regular sessions are incredibly supportive as you grow and blossom through your life’s journey.
Interested in experiencing reiki or booking in a follow up session?
Want to learn Reiki for yourself?
I teach all levels in Melbourne, Australia. Find out more here.