I have had a number of clients and students drop like flies this week with numerous colds, sore throats and gastro. It is that time of the year, particularly in the Southern Hemisphere where the weather is getting colder and our immune systems have a tendency to become weaker. The leaves are falling off the trees and we are also releasing anything that no longer serves us. I posted on my facebook page an open healing offering to put names of anyone who was sick in my healing box, I was AMAZED at how many people put their names down. For that reason I have taken it as a nice intuitive nudge to share one of my fav meditations for boosting life force in the body and giving health & vitality a charge up.
“The Inner Smile Meditation”
1. Begin by making yourself comfortable. You can either lay down, sit or stand for this meditation.
2. Close your eyes and take a couple of nice, deep cleansing breaths.
3. Bring your awareness from the external world, to the inside your body. Notice how you are feeling. Become aware of any pain, tension or soreness.
4. If you have any illness, stress, worry or concern that you are holding in your body imagine this as a dark grey dense energy. Scan your body and notice where you are feeling more dense and grey.
5. Taking a few deep breaths in and out, set the intention that any old grey stagnant energy leave on your exhale. Imagine as you breathe out all toxins, stress, worry and pain leaving your body and floating far, far away. Take as long as you need here til you feel you have shifted the majority of the dense energy.
6. Smile. Make a big grin with your face. Feel the energy of that smile.
7. Start to send the “smile” through your whole being. Imagine every cell and organ of your body smiling. Smile into any areas that are weak or sick. Feel a golden glow from the smiling energy dissolve any last bits of grey density.
8. Enjoy the warm glow. Pause. Soak in the inner smile. Feel yourself becoming lighter and stronger.
When you are ready come out of the meditation and go about your day. To give yourself a boost, just re-visualise that inner smile beaming through your body.
This meditation is wonderful for the solar plexus chakra, for increasing vitality, immune function, self-worth, it balances out emotions and helps with over-active minds. It helps bring appreciation and gratitude and a lightness back into life.
I would love to hear how you find this meditation. Feel free to let me know in the comments below!
If you are looking for more meditations that inspire health, wellness and harmony have you got a copy of my brand new album “Activate Your Inner Healer” yet? It has five powerful meditations I have created with an enormous amount of love and a strong healing intent. You can purchase the album in either MP3 version or a physical CD here in my shop.